EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. With the firm belief that what is taught matters, and that all students deserve high-quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multi-billion dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform.
Purpose of Position
The Data Systems Manager is responsible for the management and execution of EdReports’ key systems for storing and sharing information, notably Smartsheet and Salesforce. Working closely with the Knowledge Management Specialist, the Data Systems Manager will work across the organization to understand knowledge management needs, design solutions, and support staff to use these systems. They will also work to integrate multiple data sources into a cohesive, operational data collection that can be leveraged to understand organizational progress toward goals, intended outcomes, and overall impact.
Knowledge Management System Management - 50%
- Support EdReports’ knowledge management (KM) strategy by updating tracking systems and integrations;
- Work with KM Specialist to think creatively about organizational challenges and prioritize projects;
- Manage day-to-day maintenance of multiple platforms including Salesforce, SmartSheet, TaskRay, and Pardot;
- Prepare systems to expand to incorporate new organizational needs;
- Coordinate training for cross-organizational teams in KM systems; and
- Perform platform updates and manage organizational readiness for those updates.
Data Management - 50%
- Analyze multiple data sources and identify gaps in organizational data, working with the impact team to determine solutions;
- Work with content team Instructional Materials Managers to update organization-wide dashboards and other data sheets including providing district level analysis of Google Analytics data and specialized support for board meetings and funder requirements/requests;
- Respond to data questions based on organizational needs;
- Conduct preliminary research on organizational data projects such as researching and updating Salesforce on district users, and supporting data visualization and reporting; and
- Provide responsive support with data management to teams.
- Passion for EdReports’ mission and vision and our commitment to Diversity, Belonging, Inclusion, and Equity;
- Three to five years of professional experience in education, knowledge management, and/or related fields;
- At least three to five years of professional experience in project management;
- Experience with Salesforce and connected Salesforce Apps or other similar CRM systems, preferred;
- Willingness to work toward Salesforce Administrator certification during employment, preferred;
- Understanding of K-12 education and its political and policy landscape, including the CCSS and/or NGSS, preferred;
- Willing to travel (up to 10% of time);
- Fluency in MS Office suite and Google Suite, preferred; and
- College degree preferred, but not required.