November 4, 2016
September 8, 2016
- 3 series met expectations for alignment and usability;
- 3 series partially met expectations for alignment; and
- 1 series did not meet expectations for alignment.
August 26, 2016
We are pleased to share the results of our inaugural grades 3-8 ELA material reviews. 22 grade-level reports will post Tuesday, August 30 on www.EdReports.org. These include Amplify (6-8), Bookworms (3-5), Collections (6-8), Expeditionary Learning (6-8), Reading Street (3-6), and ReadyGen (3-5).
Be on the lookout for detailed information and mark your calendar for our webinar September 14 from 4:00-5:00 PM EST.
July 20, 2016
We're excited that our first high school math reports are now posted on www.EdReports.org. Five new reports, each covering three courses, are posted and include evidence detailing whether the materials met our expectations for focus, coherence, rigor, mathematical practices, and instructional supports and usability. You can read more about our methodology in this e-alert and on our website.
Of the five reports, one series - Core Connections (CPM) - met criteria for alignment in all three review gateways: 1) focus and coherence; 2) rigor and mathematical practices; and 3) instructional supports and usability. Reviewers noted positive evidence that can benefit teachers and students across all of the series. Highlights from the first round of high school reviews include:
- Core Connections (CPM) (traditional): Met Expectations for Gateway 1, Gateway 2 and Gateway 3
- Carnegie Learning (traditional): Partially Met Expectations for Gateway 1 and Gateway 2
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (traditional): Did Not Meet Expectations for Gateway 1
- Pearson (integrated): Did Not Meet Expectations for Gateway 1
- Springboard College Board (traditional): Did Not Meet Expectations for Gateway 1
May 5, 2016
Twenty-two (22) new grade-level reports are now available, including:
The Math Learning Center's Bridges in Mathematics;
- McGraw-Hill Education's Everyday Math;
- Kendall Hunt's Math Innovations; and
- Origo's Stepping Stones.
We're also celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week and recognizing all of our amazing educator Content Reviewers. #EdReportsReviewer
April 8, 2016
In this e-Alert, we welcome Dr. Nikolai Vitti, Superintendent of Duval County Schools (Jacksonville), Florida to our Board of Directors, share summaries of the 6 new grade-level reports available on the EdReports.org website: College Preparatory Math (CPM)'s Core Connections and Carnegie Learning Math Series, and preview our high school math review tool.