We're looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented person to serve as our first Communications Manager. The Communications Manager reports to the Director of Partnerships and Strategy and serves as an integral member of the communications and outreach team. The manager is responsible for developing compelling content to help execute upon our strategic plan, including creating digital content, maintaining library of key outreach collateral, and ensuring external documents are accurate and clear. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who loves to write, enjoys working across projects, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
- Writing weekly communication for the EdReports.org email lists;
- Drafting monthly blogs and op-eds in coordination with EdReports.org leadership team and content experts;
- Coordinating and supporting expert educator reviewers to write monthly blogs, Q/As, and testimonials;
- Working with the Program Manager to build and contribute to the library of social media assets, including Facebook and Twitter posts;
- Copyediting presentations, collateral, and communications from across the organization, including selected curriculum reviews;
- Developing web content for the EdReports.org and CalCurriculum.org websites
- Updating and maintaining the organization’s style guide;
- Supporting the organization’s internal communications structures;
- Staying abreast of relevant research and articles and contributing to the knowledge of the team; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences and Characteristics:
- A demonstrated track record of writing compelling content for external audiences;
- An understanding of how to tailor messages to reach audiences throughout the education community;
- Exceptional written and spoken communications and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in nonprofits, education settings, teaching, or other related fields; and,
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
We will accept applications on a rolling basis; however, we will begin contacting candidates for interviews during the week of April 17. Read the full position description and send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
EdReports.org seeks talented K-12 teachers, principals, instructional coaches, district and state staff, and ELA and mathematics content experts across the country to serve as Content Reviewers.
- Deep content knowledge and experience with K-12 ELA or mathematics
- Experience using evaluation instruments to assess instructional materials (e.g., the CCSS instructional shifts, ELA content, mathematics content and practices)
- Passion for EdReports.org's mission of increasing educator capacity to seek, develop, and demand the highest quality instructional materials
- No affiliations (within the past seven years) with education technology providers or products, curriculum developers or publishers, including authoring or co-authoring a textbook currently on the market
- Ability to participate in both in-person and virtual conferences and collaborate ongoing with fellow reviewers as often as weekly during the review cycle (October through February for High School Math and ELA reviews)
Content Review Process:
- EdReports.org trains reviewers to use the review tool and accompanying toolkit (online and one face-to-face training)
- Reviewers complete the majority of the work virtually
- Reviewers should expect to spend 3 to 5 hours per week reviewing materials, which includes a weekly team call
- Upon successfully completing the review process, Content Reviewers will receive a $1,250 stipend per series reviewed. Most reviewers conduct reviews of two series.
The typical process for reviewing materials lasts 3 to 4 months. EdReports.org will do its best to accommodate the busy schedules of educators for this amazing opportunity.
Interested applicants complete a short online application by clicking on the Apply link below. Phone interviews are conducted on a rolling basis. Applicants who advance through the interview process will be asked to complete additional performance tasks related to the work of Content Reviewers, and finalists will be invited to an in-person selection and training event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Content Review Team opportunity.