Are you a K-12 teacher, principal, instructional coach, district or state content lead that is passionate about instructional materials and wants to make a nationwide impact?
Research demonstrates that instructional materials can have as large an impact on student outcomes as teaching quality. Since the introduction of the Common Core State Standards, instructional materials claiming to be aligned have flooded the marketplace. Though lack of aligned, high quality materials perpetuates the achievement and post-secondary access gaps, districts and states spend billions on materials annually without reliable information about the quality of the products they purchase.
EdReports.org is at the forefront of the curriculum reform movement. With the firm belief that what is taught matters and that all students deserve high quality materials, EdReports.org publishes free, online, evidence-rich reviews of instructional materials. By increasing the capacity of educators to identify and demand the highest quality curriculum, EdReports.org is both disrupting a multi-billion dollar market and transforming the way students are taught and ultimately perform.
About the Position:
The instructional materials manager reports to content team leadership and serves as an integral member of the content review teams. The Instructional Materials Manager is responsible for supporting operations of the review process and providing cohesive interpersonal support to EdReports.org’s many educator subcontractors. This position provides a unique opportunity for someone who can manage multiple system components, enjoys working at the detail and big-picture level across projects, and wants to contribute to the success of a growing organization.
- With support from ELA/Math Instructional Materials Review staff, support logistics regarding materials procurement between review teams and publishers;
- Manage digital and text resources procured for review cycles;
- Support day-to-day operations for ELA and Math team;
- Provide systems and site maintenance for content review teams (including management of educator-review teams, instructional materials acquisition, calendars, and online platforms like the Content Review Team website, SalesForce, SmartSheet, and google folders);
- Provide proofreading and fact-checking assistance during the review cycle, including troubleshooting operational needs when appropriate;
- Work with ELA and math teams to support review cycles and report development
- Research and develop new materials as assigned;
- In collaboration with colleagues, create documents that help communicate key points including the review process, lessons learned, and other projects as assigned;
- Provide support to cross-EdReports.org teams on projects as needed;
- Participate in content team conferences and trainings; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences, and Characteristics:
- Demonstrated record of strong written and verbal communication with various audiences;
- Professional experience with systems management, particularly with supporting multiple staff;
- Experience managing project logistics and improving organizational processes;
- Fluent in online platforms (MS Office suite, google suite, SalesForce preferred);
- Experience in an educational setting; and
- BA in education or related field.
Strong candidates will also possess the following personal characteristics:
- Passion for the EdReports.org’s mission and vision;
- An ability to demonstrate genuine respect for educators and teaching;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing demands and deadlines, while continuing to produce high-quality work;
- Superior judgment and ability to maintain professional, upbeat attitude and sense of humor under pressure;
- An ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and maintain flexibility; and,
- An ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues and educators in a virtual work environment.
Location, Compensation & Benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience. EdReports is a national, virtual organization with team members based across the country. Location and schedule are flexible. We will hire the most talented and well-qualified candidate, regardless of where he or she lives.
Interested candidates should send a résumé, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
EdReports.org is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT to apply.
For more information, visit http://www.edreports.org.